Saturday, June 21, 2008

Curry Favor: To seek or gain favor by fawning or flattery

For those who think they love Japanese curry but have never been to Curry Favour, THINK AGAIN.

For those who wants to go but never had the chance, call me.

For those who had been there and die-also-want to go back, call me.

For those who are excited by the pictures of the food (er, if it was my picture, then...), and want to visit the place, call me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A twice a year outing =) We set foot on this place:


The menu!


Great ambience, especially before the meal times. It's rather conducive for conversations. Once it reaches the meal times, people started flooding in the restaurant as if there's free food served.

Me. I have the ability of not knowing that I was being taken picture of.


I still can't decide between a curry stew or katsu curry. And death by chocolate or Matcha Cheesecake-ala-mode. And the drinks. Man, all of them looked so good it's tough making a choice yannoe?


The entrees come with either miso soup or a salad. Oh well, I wished they let me have both though. HMMMMM.....


Close up, close up! See the corn kernels? Nope, it's nothing special. It's the salad dressing. I remember tasting it at Tonkichi before. But till now what it actually is remains a mystery to me.


Hot Chocolate! No, I didn't order this, as much as I loved chocolate. I wanted to get the iced chocolate from JCO Donuts at Raffles City's basement. Sigh. Sold out everytime. EVERY SINGLE TIME. (I was contemplating to get the matcha milkshake but.... my dessert...)
swirl swirl chocolate swirl~~~~

This, is a godlike item. It looks like fried mussels from MOS burger dunchathink? But no. Introducing the 'Stuffed Mushrooms'! Button mushrooms stuffed with mashed seafood (prawns? fish? squid?), dipped in batter and fried till golden brown. OMFG. You gotta taste it to believe it.
Comes with 3 sauces too! Godlike!

Here's the highlight of the day. Pork stew! However, it is damn good. I repeat. IT IS DAMN GOOD. The meat is tender. Very tender. I thought it will be tough to chew because stews I've tasted so far were like that. I ordered the spicy version and I thank myself(GODLIKE) for that. As the regular version tasted abit bland, not too sweet though, to my liking. I don't like those super sweet curries which tasted like those convenient japanese curries.
This ungodlike picture is not taken by me.

Seriously, are you sure you are not hungry just by looking at this?
Close up! This is a godlike picture taken by me!

Are you very sure? Seriously the serving is quite big. But I still polished off the rice as I don't wanna waste the curry. OMG I can imagine the taste in my mouth now.
And this godlike picture too!

Fish Cheese Katsu! It's a nice alternative if you don't feel like eating pok(i can't resist misspelling this) or chee-kennn~!(come ah! you not happy issit want to fight ar? Chee-kennn~~!). I digressed. But, I can imagine how the pok cheese katsu taste, the cheese oozing out, the curry over it, omg.......


Apple crumble-ala-mode. A slice of warm apple crumble served with a scoop of vanilla icecream. Quite decent! Maybe I prefer Gelare's version better and I get to choose the flavour of the ice-cream. But I didn't order this for myself.


The matcha cheesecake-ala-mode. The cheesecake reminds me of nonya kueh or agar agar. The top layer being the cheese(kueh like texture), the second layer being the red bean (WOOHOO! agar agar like texture) and the bottom layer being the green tea flavoured kueh agar agar mixed texture. And of course there's a biscuity base~~ Ok la, quite decent... BUT~~~~~~~~~~~
I order one, of course godlike~

The matcha ice cream is GODLIKE, and so I've heard curry favour is famous for the matcha ice cream... smooth and creamy texture with the fragrance of matcha....YUM YUM~~


Total bill comes up to be about $84 inclusive of service charge and GST. Seriously with food this good and good ambience, you can't really complain about the price. It's 1 appetizer + 2 entrees + 2 desserts + 1 beverage mind you.

Well this is the adventures of the 1-year-2-times-outing!

The end.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kotek discovered dopey songs again!!

Very... yeee moh lyrics i feel..

Erm, I can't find the official vid, but this is as dope!



Skillet Lyrics
The Last Night Lyrics

This night is so long when everything's wrong
If you give me your hand and I'll help you hold on.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITTED:
Ooops i found a live version. Christian rock band, i know, but i choose to relate the song to something else.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm free.

No comments: