Friday, February 29, 2008

All time low - shorts for thoughts

One fine day, just like any other day,
a ball met an ice cube.

The ball, being round like a ball, rolled up to the ice cube, and mustered enough courage to speak to the frosty crystallic cube. The ice cube, a phenomenon of nature, oozes elegance and beauty from it's solid, crystal clear form. Beautiful, yes, but looks icy cold towards others too, being an ice cube and all that.

"Er, Hi there! Having a ball of a time?" the ball said, while trying not to sound nerve wrecked.

"Hi, I'm fine. You?" replied the ice cube, sounding friendly.

'BOOYA~!' thought the ball. Managed to start a conversation, the ball continued, "I was... ..."

"I've noticed you looking my way quite alot." interrupted the ice cube.

"I was just rolling about," the ball tried to explain. 'The hell I could tell it that I lik..."

"I can sense it. But, I'm not ready for this yet."

"Oh. I don't even need to say. Why didn't you fall for me?"

"Maybe you weren't hot enough to melt me? I'd prefer the status quo of before though."

"Oh."

------------------------------------------------------------

The ball tried ways and means to be what it thought could be the one. Learning how to speak Cuban was the first, though Icy wasn't one.

It became angled like a triangle and posture straight like a rectangle. Still it can't shake off what's left the roundness and his squarish thinking.

The day came. It went to look for the subzero love of its life.

The ball was 25 minutes too late.

Ice cube was nowhere to be found.

Rolling back, the ball rolled past a puddle of water.

'It can't be... ...'



"Are you Icy?" Ball couldn't believed its eyes.

"Not anymore. I've met the element I've been waiting for. I was melted by its, warm smile and temper-ature" said the puddle of water. "You've changed quite abit though."

"Guess it wasn't enough, or what you've said to me was, only half true. I ain't hot like Fire."

"You knew?"

"Lucky guess. Who wouldn't fall for Fire?"

The ball realises, the one, was never it.

Icy is ice no more.

The ball don't know what to say anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------

So gonna die for todays paper. I have only myself to blame to play before the exams. This time really is 赔了夫人又折兵.

Duty soon.....

No comments: